The Decani Monastery Relief Fund (DMRF) is a non-profit organization committed to assisting the people of Kosovo/ Metohija through the Decani Monastery located in Kosovo, by providing funds that may be used in ways which include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing daily lunches to schools.
- Providing shoes and clothing for youth.
- Supporting soup kitchens and bakeries.
- Rebuilding of seminaries, monasteries, and churches in the region.
- Providing humanitarian aid to refugee centers.
- Providing for special needs of the elderly.
- Paying electric bills.
- Providing firewood.
- Financing necessary medical and surgical procedures.
- Helping to purchase farm equipment and livestock.
- Providing scholarships to the University of Northern Kosovo when applicable.
These are just some examples of how donations are used after being channeled through the DMRF directly to the monastery. Ultimately the uses of these funds are determined by the Decani Monastery itself and are based purely upon necessity.
Source: The Decani Monastery Relief Fund