A great man is one who collects knowledge the way a bee collects honey and uses it to help people overcome the difficulties they endure - hunger, ignorance and disease!
- Nikola Tesla

Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.
- Franklin Roosevelt

While their territory has been devastated and their homes despoiled, the spirit of the Serbian people has not been broken.
- Woodrow Wilson

Hilandar Research Library and Resource Center for Medieval Slavic Studies

The Hilandar Research Library has the largest collection of medieval Slavic manuscripts on microform in the world.

The Hilandar Research Library’s (HRL) millions of folia of manuscript material on microform from more than 100 different private, museum, and library collections in dozens of countries are utilized by scholars from all over the world. The collection includes several thousand Cyrillic manuscripts on microform, with over 1200 from several monasteries on Mount Athos, Greece, including the entire Slavic manuscript collection of Hilandar Monastery. The Hilandar Research Library also contains a large specialized reference collection, in print and in microform, as well as a growing collection of original manuscripts and artifacts from the medieval Slavic world. Located at The Ohio State University, the HRL shares its space with the Resource Center for Medieval Slavic Studies.

The Resource Center for Medieval Slavic Studies fosters and supports research and collaboration in medieval Slavic languages, linguistics, history, and culture.

Founded in 1984, the Resource Center for Medieval Slavic Studies (RCMSS) is an independent center of The Ohio State University College of Humanities and is dedicated to the promotion of medieval Slavic Studies. The RCMSS maintains particularly close ties, as well as sharing space with, the Hilandar Research Library. Both entities developed as an outgrowth of the original Hilandar Research Project, which ran from 1969 to 1982. The RCMSS is the only such non-national based or oriented center in the United States, although it does tend to promote Cyrillic-based research. The Center strives to accomplish its goals through the support of the preservation and access activities of the HRL, the promotion of research, the provisions of stipends and travel research funds, the funding of materials acquisition and preservation, publication support, and through the sponsorship of lectures, workshops, and conferences.

To date, the RCMSS has sponsored or co-sponsored a series of international “Hilandar” conferences, as well as national conferences, panels, and individual presentations. RCMSS has fostered international scholarship and collaboration by bringing scholars together to work on previously-inaccessible medieval Slavic resources.

Click here to go to the web-site of the Hilandar Research Library and Resource Center for Medieval Slavic Studies

Click here to go to the Collections & Access page

Additional Link: The Steven Enich Serbian Orthodox Culture Slide Collection at The Ohio State University Knowledge Bank

.

SA

 

People Directory

Petar D. Bubreško

Peter D. Bubresko, professor emeritus, fell asleep in the Lord December 3, 2006. He was an associate professor of French literature & language at Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, which he joined in 1964-77. He earned his B.A. in 1933 and his M.A. in 1935 from the University of Belgrade. He also studied at the University of Grenoble in France (1933-34). He was a recipient of a scholarship from the French Government (1936-39), he studied at Sorbonne under the guidance of Paul Van Thiegen. He prepared in Paris a doctoral thesis on Yovan Dutchich, a study interrupted by WWII. He taught seven years at the junior college level in Yugoslavia and West Germany and later in the United States at St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minn (1960-63).

. Read more ...

Publishing

Residents of Heaven

An Exhibit of Byzantine and Modern Orthodox Icons

Residents of Heaven is a book of Icons by Father Stamatis Skliris which were prepared for "An Exhibit of Byzantine and Modern Orthodox Icons" held at the "David Allan Hubbard Library, Fuller Theological Seminary" in Pasadena, California, June 10 - July 5, 2010.

The iconographer, V. Rev. Stamatis Skliris, attended the opening of the exhibit with His Grace, Bishop Maxim who gave the Introduction. The mounting of the display was done by Jasminka Gabrie and the staff of the Fuller Library. The opening event was organized by Dr. William Dyrness, Director of the Visual Faith Institute, Brehm Center for Worship, Theology and the Arts, Fuller Seminary.